Get Set UK delivers high-quality services within local communities across a range of sectors including employment, skills and refugee support. We are a growing business with a mission to support more people to maximise their employment and career potential. If you are interested in business development, and want to work for an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives, Get Set UK will support you to develop your career from day one.
Get Set for a business as ambitious as you!
As a Business Development Executive, you will play a crucial role in supporting our ambitious growth strategy. You will support our Business Development Manager through the delivery of effective market analysis, stakeholder engagement, proposal development, collaboration with internal teams, and more.
- Support the Business Development Manager in conducting market research to identify trends, opportunities, and challenges.
- Stay updated on industry developments, policy changes, and competitor activities to contribute to Get Set UK’s commercial growth.
- Demonstrate commitment to assisting, building and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities.
- Help build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including government bodies, local authorities, and sector organizations in line with our vision and strategy.
- Proudly represent the organization at industry events, conferences, and networking forums.
- Provide support for the creation of effective supply chains.
- Assist in the preparation of proposal responses.
- Take initiative in drafting question responses and implementing feedback.
- Conduct desk-based/telephone research to gather data supporting high-quality proposals.
- Collaborate seamlessly with internal teams, including finance, marketing, HR, and operations.
Ideal Candidate Profile – Business Development Executive
Education – Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent preferred. Evidence of continued professional development is a plus.
Experience – Proven experience in supporting business development activities.
Skills and Attributes for a Business Development Executive:
- Analytical Skills: Ability to conduct comprehensive market analysis and strong problem-solving abilities to address challenges within the sector.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders and present ideas.
- Proactivity: Demonstrate a proactive approach to identifying opportunities and willingness to take initiative and drive results.
- Team Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams, and contribute to a positive and innovative work environment.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the industry and policy landscape.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious individual with a desire to develop their career in a people-focused business development role.
- Company pension & events
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance;
- Wellness programmes
- Employee Forum (Your voice matters, at Get Set UK employees have a say in how we run the business.)
Why Get Set UK?
As a forward-thinking organisation, we prioritise the growth and development of our staff. With an emphasis on consistent performance and comprehensive training and mentorship, we empower our team members to achieve their full potential and take their careers to new heights.
Join us in a fast-growing company that values professional integrity, people development, and a drive and focus on excellence.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and welcome all applications. Get Set UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, physical and mental disability, age, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, and any other protected status. Our aim is to support and maintain the physical and mental health of all people at work.